Tuesday 29 September 2009

Why? Here now?

Structures..... Lets start with that but move back to it later.

I am really interested in the psychology of consumption and how this relates to pro-environmental behaviour. I have done quite a lot of personal reading around this subject, so have a rough grounding in the subject that i would like to ingrain more into my neural pathways.

I am also working for People & Planet running their Going Greener campaign which is a mixture of their highly successful Go Green campaign which gave berth to the Green League and the transition town campaign. Would be really good to think through this from a more academic angle, while working on this.

I recently went to a talk by Andrew Darnton a desk top researcher for DEFRA who developed their segmentation model, as part of an LSX event in London, and we talked about campaigning and how this relates to behaviour change, something i have been thinking about for a while. I'd like to conceder the two way relationships and potential interplays between structures and activism.

In the end it was the structures that played a large element in how i came to be doing this course, i did have an element of intention in my behaviour though.....

No comments:

Post a Comment